Topic: Exercise during Pregnancy
Date: Saturday 15th May 2021
Time: 10am - 12.30pm
Location: Our main office - 7/451 Pacific Highway, Wyoming 2250
Tickets can be purchased online or in clinic: https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/exercise-during-pregnancy-tickets-150414906033?aff=esfb&utm-campaign=social&utm-content=attendeeshare&utm-medium=discovery&utm-source=fb&utm-term=checkoutwidget&fbclid=IwAR36NyPRVamNbKf5LHkLlZNjH-ERmW36IY0NW3kDki--ihX0rL3h0XKo2wY
Event Description: Our Exercise Physiologist Tresna is a mum and has a special interest in exercise during pregnancy. She will be talking about why exercise is important, and how to engage in exercise safely during this exciting time.
During pregnancy, a woman's body undergoes many substantial physical and physiological changes to accommodate a growing baby. It is important to remain active and healthy throughout pregnancy, but also equally important not to overdo it!
Part one of the workshop:
We will be discussing...
• the changes that occur in the body during each trimester of pregnancy
• Exercise and the pelvic floor/core
• How to modify exercise for the different stages of pregnancy
• Exercise for specific conditions in pregnancy such as gestational diabetes, pelvic girdle pain, and diastasis recti
• Exercise recommendations and guidelines
Part two of the workshop:
• a practical component involving exercise and implementation of what we have discussed in the discussion section on the workshop. This part of the workshop is particularly important because EVERY WOMAN IS SO DIFFERENT and exercise prescription is not black and white. Here we will engage in some exercises together, look at our posture and alignment and determine what level of exercise is suitable for us
Part three of the workshop:
• Light lunch and nibbles as we discuss and chat about our learnings